Updates, Insights, and What's Up Lately...
Hello, howdy, and merhaba.
It has been a busy and productive period here at David Wagner Media's secret headquarters. Well, okay, you got me, 'secret headquarters' may be a little overdramatic. In all actuality, I have been moving back and forth between my little Istanbul apartment and a couple of cafés I regularly write and edit at. But, to clarify, yes indeed have I been both busy and productive.
On the personal side, my lovely wife and I are expecting our first child any week now. So that pretty much takes any cake conceivable. Very excited and ready to see the little tyke after these nine long months of watching him grow and kick around inside of my wife. Mentally preparing myself for sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and a constant barrage of the unexpected. I can't wait.
On the creative/business side of things:
PRE-ORDERS for a NEW novel in 2015
Foremost on my list of awesome new projects is the upcoming release of a science fiction novel entitled Anchors No More.
This one is a doozy. Action, heart-pounding pace, pure old school Saturday matinee type stuff. PLUS, to top it all off, it is a time travel story.
So, what's it about? Here it is:
Doctors Holly Marshal and Gary Neff have discovered the secrets of time travel. Now that they have made the first practical test of their theory, they find themselves in an entirely different race against time as the military
and its corporate investors want what they have.
Originally released as a serialized story on Serialteller.com, Anchors No More is now coming out, re-edited and expanded, on paperback, hardcover, and ebook.
I am currently formatting the ebook version and as soon as this is done, I will begin launching a pre-order campaign to raise awareness for the book.
I hope that each of you reading this will do one (or two) of two things:
1. pre-order your paperback or ebook ASAP;
2. Share the links/posts with your social media friends.
Having a good pre-order with this book is so important for a number of reasons...
1. Because I know you will really dig this fun, action-packed story.
2. When you pre-order a book, every single pre-order hits the market on the scheduled publication date, all at the same time.
- my book will 'leap' up the Amazon/Smashwords charts for my genre, exposing my work to a whole new world of potential readers.
- people like to buy/read books other people are buying/reading (safety in literature, I guess) and so the higher ranking means more people will take a chance. And the potential for a bit of exponential growth is suddenly there.